gavelhouse.com has launched their inaugural online Standardbred auction catalogue comprising 23 Lots with bidding set to close starting with Lot 1 at 7pm on Wednesday 24 July.
The catalogue features weanlings, yearlings, two-year-olds, racehorses and broodmares both empty and in-foal.
Of the in-foal mares the covering sires include Buy Kiwi Made, Creatine, Downbytheseaside, He’s Watching, Gold Ace, Sweet Lou and Vincent with some of the highlights in the sale including:
- Lot 4 – Dothraki. A weanling colt by Champion French sire Love You from the great race mare Pocaro (1.57.5). Dothraki is a half-brother to three winners including Group 1 winner Missandei and from the same family as Springbank Sam, Sun Of Anarchy and Daenerys Targaryen.
- Lot 7 – Errani. Out of a half-sister to Group 1 Tasmanian Derby winner I’m Mark Anthony, Errani herself a half-sister to two Australian winners in Machitelli and Ranieri. This is also the family of Three-year-old Pacer of the Year Roman Gladiator. This filly has been broken in and is currently spelling.
- Lot 8 – Maggie May. A full sister to 2013-14 Trotting Filly of the Year and Group 2 winner Wanna Play, Maggie May is from the Group 1 placed and Group 3 winning mare Miss Whiplash. Broken in and currently spelling.
- Lot 13 – Cullen’s Creation. A daughter of Christian Cullen from Adios Dream who was a multiple Group 2 winner, Cullen’s Creation is offered for sale in foal to Sweet Lou. Cullen’s Creation is the dam of five to race, all of which are winners in 2.00 including the Group 1 placed Quite A Delight.
- Lot 20 – Sportzilluztrated. A racing or breeding proposition, Sportzilluztrated is a daughter of the American bred mare Saddle Ridge and is a half-sister to multiple Group 2 West Australian winner The Bucket List. She is also a full-sister to Group 2 placed Somethingaboutmary.
Owned by New Zealand Bloodstock and with the backing of the NZB Standardbred team, the gavelhouse.com team is excited to see the monthly online auctions embraced as the harness fraternity become more familiar with the platform and see the value in the regular, hassle free trading option.
gavelhouse.com Standardbred representative Cam Bray is pleased with the concept’s reception “This is certainly a new concept to the harness world and a welcome one at that with plenty of encouraging feedback about us entering the market,”
“This catalogue represents a great start with some quality horses up for grabs straight off the bat and we look forward to working with people going forward to help them market their horses in the best possible light.”
Buyers are encouraged to exercise their due diligence including inspecting the horses or engaging someone to undertake an inspection on their behalf before bidding. The bidding process itself is a simple one involving registering on the site and then going to the Lot of interest’s page and either typing in the amount you’d like to bid or bidding the next bid amount by clicking the ‘Place Bid’ button.
There is plenty of information in the FAQ section of the gavelhouse.com Standardbred site to help buyers and sellers alike while the gavelhouse.com team is happy to answer any questions via firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 9 296 4436 or contact Cam Bray +64 21 737 199. Follow the link for future Standardbred sale dates.